Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Glucerna
Savoury muffins are very versatile and great for breakfast, snacks or for the lunch box.
Prep time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes cooking time
Makes: 12 serves
- 2 large carrots (350g)
- 8 scoops Glucerna
- 200mL water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 rashers (100g) lean, short cut bacon, chopped
- ¾ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ¾ cup lentil flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup natural Greek-style reduced-fat yoghurt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place muffin cases into muffin tray and spray lightly with oil.
- Chop carrot into chunks and cook until soft (5 minutes in the microwave on high). Drain and mash with a fork and set aside.
- Combine Glucerna and water in a medium bowl. Add eggs, yoghurt and oil and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan. Cook onion and bacon until onion is soft.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add grated cheese and stir until coated. Add onion and bacon and mix well.
- Add carrot and Glucerna mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir gently until just combined.
- Spoon evenly into muffin cases and bake for around 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. After 5 minutes cooling time in the tray, turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Can be frozen
Nutrition content per serve:
Energy: 1047kJ (250 cal)
Saturated fat: 4g