Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Glucerna
Oat and Raisin Cookies
It’s nice to have a sweet treat with tea or coffee. These cookies are just the thing.
Prep time: 15 mins + 17 mins time
- ½ cup (65g) Glucerna powder
- 100g raisins
- 150g melted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey (see tip below)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup white flour
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1¼ cup oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place oats, butter, brown sugar, honey, egg, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, Glucerna powder and vanilla essence in food processor and blend until well combined. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add raisins and stir until mixed through.
- Form heaped tablespoons of dough into balls and gently press down to flatten slightly. Space evenly on baking tray, leaving room for cookies to expand.
- Cook for 16-18 minutes or until edges become slightly golden-brown (the cookies will continue to cook when removed from the oven).
- Allow cookies to cool on wire rack prior to serving.
- Pure floral honey varieties such as Iron bark, red gum, stringy bark, yapunya and yellow box have a low glycemic index (GI); more common blended honeys have a medium GI.
Nutrition content per cookie:
Energy: 926kJ (222 cal)
Saturated fat: 7g