Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Glucerna
Zucchini Pasta Bake
This recipe will help meet your 5-a-day target for vegetables and has the nutritional bonus of Glucerna, high fibre pasta and the protein power of eggs.
Prep time: 20 mins plus 20 mins baking time
- 2 cups (150g) wholemeal or high fibre pasta (eg spirals, twists)
- 8 scoops Glucerna
- 200mL water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 rashers (100g) lean short cut bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup light milk
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 2000C and grease a medium sized baking dish.
- Mix Glucerna with water and set aside.
- Cook peas in the microwave for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and cook onion and bacon until soft.
- Add flour and cook while stirring for 2 minutes. Add milk and simmer gently while stirring until it thickens. Add paprika and cheese and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in Glucerna until smooth.
- Place zucchini, peas and pasta in a large bowl. Add sauce and eggs and mix well.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Slice and serve with a green salad or steamed greens.
- For larger appetites cut double sized slices for a main meal.
- Slice leftovers into smaller pieces for the lunchbox or snacks.
Nutrition content per serve:
Energy: 1474kJ (352 cal)
Saturated fat: 4g