Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Glucerna
Pumpkin, Macaroni and Cheese
Mac and Cheese, but not from the cardboard box! This riff on a classic includes pumpkin for some added flavour. This dish has the addition of Glucerna which has been specially formulated for those with diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance. So dish up this family favourite next time you are craving some cheesy-goodness!
1 cup Glucerna powder
500g pumpkin, diced
3 cups grated tasty cheese
1.25L full cream milk
150g grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Bake pumpkin for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water according to pack directions and drain
- Place milk, butter and flour in a small saucepan. Whisk over a medium
heat until smooth, and until sauce boils. Simmer on low heat for further 1
- Remove from heat and whisk in 2/3 grated tasty cheese (leave remaining
cheese for topping) and Glucerna powder. Combine with macaroni and
pour into ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese and
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with salad
Ensure / Glucerna Powder and Convenient Ready to Drinks can be purchased in all quality pharmacies across Australia and New Zealand.
Please note that when cooking or freezing Ensure / Glucerna, there may be minor loss of some nutrients. Ensure / Glucerna is a Food for Special Medical Purposes. Use under Medical supervision.