Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Glucerna
Poached Eggs Florentine
- 1 scoop Glucerna powder
- 125g frozen spinach, thawed
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup full cream milk
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese, extra
- ½ tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Thoroughly drain spinach, pressing down to extract moisture.
- Stir in Glucerna powder and nutmeg.
- Place into the base of a small ovenproof dish.
- Using a spoon, make a slight hollow well in the centre of the spinach.
- Lightly poach egg and place onto spinach.
- Place milk into a small saucepan with butter and flour. Whisk over a medium heat until smooth and until sauce boils. Simmer for a further 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese.
- Spoon mixture over eggs and spinach. Sprinkle with combined parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
Nutrition content per serve:
Saturated Fat: 8.8g