Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Glucerna
Bread Pudding with Banana and Hazelnuts
Prep time: 15 mins + 25 minutes baking time
Makes: 6 serves
- 10 level scoops Glucerna powder
- 250mL reduced fat milk
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 slices wholemeal fruit bread, cut into quarters, spread with butter
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup (45g) chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a small baking dish.
- Blend Glucerna, milk, sugar, banana, vanilla and eggs together and set aside.
- Stand up the buttered bread quarters in the base of the greased dish. Sprinkle over the hazelnuts.
- Pour Glucerna mixture evenly over all bread pieces.
- Bake around 25 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Serve with custard or ice cream.
- For a special treat, add a nip or two of Irish cream to the Glucerna mixture.
- For a chocolate version, spread the bread with chocolate hazelnut spread instead of butter.
Nutrition content per serve:
Energy: 1332kJ (318 cal)
Saturated fat: 3g