Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Glucerna
Banana, date and walnut porridge
Porridge is a comfort food classic with the health benefits of wholegrain oats. This one has the added flavour, texture and goodness of Glucerna, banana, dates and walnuts.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 serves
- ¼ cup water
- 4 scoops of Glucerna
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 4 dates, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey (see tip, below)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine Glucerna with ¼ cup water. Stir well until mixed. Set aside.
- Combine oats, water, banana and dates in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for around 5 minutes until porridge thickens.
- Stir in Glucerna and heat through (do not boil).
- Spoon into bowls, drizzle with honey and top with walnuts.
- Pure floral honey varieties such as Iron bark, red gum, stringy bark, yapunya and yellow box have a low glycemic index (GI); more common blended honeys have a medium GI.
- Try an oat and barley mix porridge to lower the GI and increase fibre.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg for added flavour.
Nutrition content per serve:
Energy: 1466kJ (350 cal)
Saturated fat: 1g